The Vision Quest series is created for those seeking a deeper meaning in life and strive to walk their path as the very best version of themselves possible.
• The White Barn VISION QUEST series is a program designed to support your personal and spiritual growth, with the added bonus of possibly improving your physical health as well (you know about that crucial balance between body, mind and spirit for optimum wellness)!
• “Vision Quest” is a Series of Empowered Sacred-Living Workshops for both personal and spiritual growth.
• VISION QUEST is a masterful blend of traditional and modern ceremony, interwoven with meditation, teaching through parables, changing our thought patterns, working with positive affirmations, aromatherapy, a sacred fire circle, working with stones/crystals, drumming and self-reflection.
• The White Barn VISION QUEST series is rich in meaning and symbolism and based in a wide variety of cultures.
• Each session has a different theme and teaching.
• The VISION QUEST summer program is designed for adults. Must be at least 18 years old to participate. 16 and 17 year old's are welcome if accompanied by an adult.
• The themes for this past season of 2020 were:
Raven Speaks - Helping us successfully navigate transitions and changes in our life
White Buffalo - Focusing on self-confidence, self-worth, supporting those who have been bullied and understanding our path doesn't need to be compared to others
Eagle Medicine - Incorporating the lessons of Eagle into daily life - learning to see things from a broader perspective, welcoming new beginnings each day, gaining insight and wisdom that we receive and trust
Each White Barn VISION QUEST series is very powerful in providing the experiences needed to:
- stop living in the past, worrying about the future, and appreciating and living mindfully in the present
- acknowledge and release that which holds you back from living the best life possible
- increase our sense of self-worth, self-confidence, and self-esteem
- not only survive trauma, challenges and difficulties, but to thrive and prosper
- enjoy life without feeling you have to live your life to please others
- remove self-imposed restrictions
- grow from the lessons we've learned as they give us greater wisdom and teach us to become the elder
- bless our past, learn from it, and move forward
- live each day with a greater level of peace, harmony and tranquility
- trust that the Universe is providing for your needs and that everything in your life is unfolding in a way that benefits our highest and best good
- discover your path and purpose
While most people think of a VISION QUEST as an exercise in personal and spiritual growth, which it is, we don't want to discount the benefits a VISION QUEST will have on our physical well-being too.
Mental and emotional trauma can often manifest in physical ways, taking their toll on our physical bodies.
For example, many younger people working in high-stress corporate careers are experiencing stress-related strokes and heart attacks. Stress and anxiety can result in digestive issues, high blood pressure, migraines, and a host of other physical illnesses. The same can be true for other undiagnosed or unexplained illnesses.
Just as stress, anxiety and worry can have this catastrophic affect on our physical health, other negative emotions such as anger, frustration, unforgiveness, fear, sadness, grief, bitterness, resentment and jealousy can wreak havock as well.
Studies and research has been done addressing the link between women who have experienced violence or sexual abuse as a child and the adult manifestation of fibermyalga.
Being able to release our mental and emotional link to past trauma and painful events in our lives is often the key to living a healthy and balanced life from a physical, mental/emotional and spiritual perspective.
VISION QUEST can support you on this journey of becoming healthy and whole on all levels of being.
Normally the VISION QUEST program is held in the peaceful and healing energy of the tipi at White Barn Healing Arts Center.
However, with the COVID19 social distancing restrictions, the sessions will be held outdoors at the White Barn facility for the Summer 2020 season.
The White Barn VISION QUEST series respectfully weaves the old with the new in a unique blend of guidance and direction designed to enlighten your life's path.
This series is created for the modern-day person who does not have the time, access, safety measures or financial support to commit to a traditional three-or-more consecutive days solitary Vision Quest. Though it is held in the tipi at White Barn Healing Arts Center and provides an authentic and sacred atmosphere, it also provides modern conveniences such as being conveniently located, access to restrooms, a safe environment, and close to town while far enough away to experience the peacefulness of the country.
The Vision Quest Series and other presentations such as Reiki workshops, meditations, summer solstice, and other events and ceremonies include the use and burning of sage, incense, cedar, tobacco, sweet grass, palo santo, and more. A fire is always present in the fire ring of the tipi. The smoke from these items is considered sacred in many cultural ceremonies, and our activities often incorporate many cultural traditions. If you have sensitivities to smoke or smells, please take this into consideration when registering for activities at White Barn Healing Arts Center.
• To be free from pain and hurt of the past?
• To learn to live with confidence, self-worth and love of self?
• To discover your path and purpose?
• To release burdens or thought processes that no longer serve you?
• To learn to identify where you live each day - do you live your life constantly remembering the past, planning and worrying about the future, or enjoying and appreciating the gift of the present moment?
• To gain and welcome the wisdom of the ancients, the ancestors and the elders?
• To learn to find the lessons in every leaf, every rock, every animal, every situation, every unkind person, every frustration, and every challenge?
• To learn to welcome and embrace change, transition and transience?
• To understand the beauty in the imperfection of your life, like the cracks of a vase that can be filled with gold, to bring out the true beauty of your journey?
• To enhance your intuition, trusting your gut, and knowing that you are indeed Divinely guided?