WHEN: Sat., July 31st 9:30am - 6pm
INSTRUCTOR: Annette Bragg, Reiki Master/Teacher
WHERE: White Barn Healing Arts Center, 5180 Hayes Rd., Ravenna
COST: $250 A sliding fee scale is available if needed as well as payment plans.
Reiki is a wonderful addition to your self-care regime of meditations, and can be added to your tool box of holistic methods that help you deal with physical pain as well as illness, disease, injury, discomfort, arthritis.
Reiki can help us to calm a busy mind, think more clearly, look at a challenge from a broader perspective, and help us to reduce stress, anxiety, frustration and worry.
Reiki helps the practitioner to become more connected spiritually to whatever your personal belief system encompasses. It helps you feel supported by spirit and that you are not walking this journey alone.
Reiki energy can be shared with others, providing them with a deeper sense of relaxation and peacefulness, which in turn allows the physical body to heal and the mind to find peace and harmony.
Reiki can be used to support overall health and well-being for your pets, no matter what type of animal, reptile, amphibian, or creature it is. Reiki can help them to reduce stress, be calm, and lessen their pain.
Reiki can be given freely to any living thing, including your plants, flowers, garden, trees, and any living being in need of healing on some level.
To welcome and to learn Reiki as part of your every day lifestyle,
you will require:
An open heart and mind and a willingness to learn and discover.
In Reiki Level One Class we will explore in depth:
· What is Reiki
· History of Reiki
· How Reiki heals
· How Reiki can be used
· Combining Meditation with Reiki
· The different levels of Reiki
· How the attunement process works
· Self-treatment with Reiki
· How to give a Reiki treatment to another person
· The Reiki symbol for hands-on healing
· Reiki hand positions; chakras and their meaning
· How to feel and work with Reiki energy and energy fields
· Hands-on practice giving and receiving Reiki
· Giving Reiki to animals: Animal chakras and animal energy fields
· Receive an attunement for Reiki Level I
· Receive a certification as a Reiki Level I Practitioner.
• Reiki (pronounced “ray-key”) is a hands-on healing method that originated in Japan.
• The word Reiki is a Japanese composite word translated as “universal life energy”. The word "Reiki" is derived from two Japanese words: rei, meaning "Universal, Divine Wisdom or Higher Power"; and ki, meaning "Life Force Energy" (also known as Chi or Prana).
• Reiki is a non-invasive, complimentary and alternative Japanese energy healing practice for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing as well as overall health and well-being.
• The practitioner channels healing energy through her hands to the animal through a light touch either directly on the body or from a distance.
• Reiki is based on the idea that all living beings have life energy flowing through them. When life energy is high, both humans and animals are healthy and balanced, more relaxed and less likely to get sick. When it is low, they’ll often be more easily affected by stress and less resistant to illness.
• Reiki is a safe complement to conventional Western medicine, Chinese medicine, herbal medicine, homeopathy and all other forms of healing. It does not take the place of Western medicine but is part of the whole.
• Reiki is a simple, natural, and safe method of energy healing that anyone can use. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
• Reiki is an amazingly simple technique to learn, the ability to use Reiki is not taught in the usual sense, but is transferred to the student during a Reiki class. This ability is passed on during an “attunement” given by a Reiki master and allows the student to tap into an unlimited supply of “life force energy” to improve one’s health and enhance the quality of life.
• The use of Reiki is not dependent on one’s intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds.
• Reiki is not a religion. It is not affiliated with Christianity, Buddhism, or any type of religious belief.
• Reiki is the most natural way to touch another to ease their physical, mental or emotional pain, stresses and struggles.
• Reiki is a healing process for our animals, our homes, our work, our plants, our food and vitamins. There is no end in the use of Reiki because it is already the flow of life itself.
• Reiki releases the physical and emotional blockages that we have accumulated throughout life.
• Reiki is an energy that heals the healer first and then heals others.